What caused the conversion? Establishing exact causality is very hard. For example, unknown to us, a conversion event might have occurred after the lead read one of our Candid Communication blog posts, seen a Digital Advertisements, received our Newsletters as a forward, or saw a post in their Social media feeds.
- There is also no way to perform A/B Testing to discover such causality because all of these actions are happening outside our platform.
- Additionally, conversion rate varies wildly based on the acquisition Channels.
So, who gets the credit? There are few models that can help estimate attribution:
- Distributed: Divide the credit across all Channels that the lead interfaced with.
- Last Touch: Assign 100% of the credit to the last Channels the lead interfaced with.
- Decaying: Distribute the credit across all the Channels but given highest weightage to the last channel.