Fundamentals of an editorial product business
Driving factors: Differentiation
- Are you a trusted brand or voice for a well-defined topic?
- Are you able to set the agenda for a well-defined audience segment?
- How strong is your recall among that well-defined audience segment?
- Have you stitched the most active members of that audience segment into a tight knit community?
- Is the community co-building with you or via you?
- How are you ensuring that you are not only building but also retaining 1:1 relationship within that community?
- What’s your information architecture and content strategy?
- How deep are you serving that vertical?
- Is your website (yes! a website even after GenerativeAI) representative of who you are?
While the above gets your driving factors in place, the next aspects define how much you can amplify. This includes:
- Ability to sell advertisements, subscriptions, or events
- Ability to market and develop audience
Links to this Evergreen Note